Online & Mobile Banking Services
Digital Banking Features
Mobile Check Deposit
Depositing checks has never been easier. Using the MHV Mobile App, you can quickly, easily and securely deposit checks into your MHV account anytime, anywhere.
The Mid-Hudson Valley rates our Mobile App 4.7 out of 5 stars
Download our Mobile Banking App
Do Your Taxes for Less
We offer TurboTax as a helpful tool directly within Online Banking, which will help make filing your taxes a little less stressful. TurboTax translates taxes into simple questions about your life, so you don’t need tax knowledge – or an appointment – to get your taxes done right.
Easy Banking at Your Fingertips
I really love the online applications offered by MHV. Working from home I love the convenience of doing all of my banking including the very infrequent check deposits without leaving the house. One of my favorite online tools is the Money Manager application that keeps our income and expenses in the proper categories allowing for easy export for our CPA to use in our tax preparation. Thank you!Jeff E.
I have been a member for many years. Whenever I have a question, I can stop at any branch and get an answer. The many branches make it easy to conduct my business and the online banking is so easy. I use it to conduct most of my business with the info at my fingertipsJohn A.
Great app! Instead of wasting hours of driving to the bank and waiting in line, my bank comes along with me wherever I go and is ready to perform almost all bank services.Joel D. Rated Mobile App 5 Stars
Commonly Asked Questions About online Banking & Mobile App
You may sign up for Online Banking by clicking here. You can also sign up directly from your phone by downloading the MHV Mobile App and tapping Sign Up. Once you have Online Banking, you can use the same login information to use the MHV Mobile App and vice versa
In Online Banking, click Pay a Bill in the top blue menu. Use the Add a Payee feature to set your payments up. In the MHV Mobile App, tap Bill Pay in the bottom menu. Add the payee information in the top section. Once a payee had been added in Online Banking or the MHV Mobile App, it will be stored for future use.
Recurring/Automatic - To set up automatic payments, login to Online Banking and click Bill Pay. Next, click the Options link beneath the payee and select Automatic payment.
When is it debited - All MHV Bill Payments, regardless of delivery method (electronic or paper check) are debited from (taken out of) your checking account approximately 2 business days after the Payment Send date; if a paper check was sent the payment is debited two days after the send date, regardless of whether the payee has received the check yet. The debit will always be coded as an electronic withdrawal.
How to cancel - A payment may be edited or deleted anytime before the payment is processed. Within Online Banking or the MHV Mobile App, click or tap More. Then select Stop Payment. Please note payments remitted electronically cannot be stopped once processed. In these instances, the payee will need to initiate a credit back to your MHV account.
Mobile Check Deposit is available to members whose account has been opened for 30 days. It is a fast, easy, and convenient way to deposit checks without leaving home!
Before you begin to use Mobile Check Deposit, be sure to endorse the check with the signatures of all payees and note "For Mobile Deposit Only" on the back. Within the MHV Mobile App, simply tap “Check Deposit” at the bottom of your screen. From there, follow the on-screen prompts. Please note: your first three deposits made via Mobile Check Deposit will be held for manual review. All deposits thereafter will be released according to our Funds Availability Policy.
Watch a brief explainer video about Mobile Check Deposit.
Tips for capturing your check image:
- Ensure the complete MICR line is visible on the image. The MICR line is the row of numbers and characters at the bottom of a paper check
- Place the check on a dark surface, in a well-lit area
- Keep check as flat as possible
- Follow the prompts on your camera to line up the image, making sure all 4 corners of the check are visible
- Make sure your camera lens is clean
- Once you capture the image of the front, flip the check over to ensure your back image mirrors the front image
- Tap on Check Deposit > History to view copies of the deposited checks as well as deposit status.
- Is there a fee to use Mobile Check Deposit? There is no charge from MHV. However, mobile carriers may charge for internet access and/or text messages. Please check with your carrier for any charges that may occur based on the usage of this service.
- Am I notified if a check deposit is rejected? Yes, you will receive an email notification any time a check cannot be deposited using Mobile Check Deposit. You may also tap on Check Deposit > History to view copies of the deposited checks as well as deposit status.
- Which accounts can I make deposits to? You can deposit to any savings, checking, or money market accounts that are linked to your Online Banking and have been opened for at least 30 days.
- Is there a limit to the amount or number of deposits I can make? You are allowed $10,000 per item, $10,000 per day in deposits, and up to $300,000 in deposits over a rolling 30 day period. If you need to make a deposit over this limit, please visit a branch or mail your deposit.
- Is there a hold placed on the funds I deposit through Mobile Check Deposit? Standard check holds apply to your deposits. Please refer to our Funds Availability Policy.
- When can I expect deposited funds to be credited to my account? Funds will be credited to your account within the same business day of receipt provided there are no issues detected with the deposit.
- How long should I retain checks that I deposit with Mobile Check Deposit? After confirming the deposit on your account statement you may securely discard the deposited check. Images of deposited checks are available by clicking Check Deposit, then History within the app.
- How can I identify the transactions made through Mobile Check Deposit? You can identify your Mobile Check Deposit transactions by the descriptive deposit "Remote deposit/reference #".
- What is a manual review of checks mean? Your first three deposits made via Mobile Check Deposit will be reviewed individually by staff. After that, checks will be processed automatically and released according to our Funds Availability Policy.
- How are checks deposited via Mobile Check Deposit on a weekend handled? If a check deposit requires manual review, that review will take place the next business day. If a check does not require manual review, the deposit will be released according to our Funds Availability Policy.
Our website and Online Banking are compatible with the most current browser & operating system versions below:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple IOS Version 13.x and higher
- Google Android version 8.0 (Oreo) and higher
*Please note that Windows XP and Windows Vista are increasingly becoming outdated operating systems by Microsoft. It is highly recommended to update these operating systems to Windows 7 or Windows 10 to ensure uninterrupted & secure access.
The following settings and plug-ins are required to properly access our web-based solutions:
- Cookies Enabled (first- and third-party)
- Minimum screen resolution for responsive content 320 pixels wide
- Minimum screen resolution for non-responsive content 1024 x 768 pixels
- PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
Not sure what browser you're using or what version?
If you forget your Online Banking username or password, please click “Forgot User/Password” in Online Banking or “Forgot Login” in the MHV Mobile App.
You may make one-time or recurring transfers between your own MHV accounts by clicking Make a Transfer within the full Online Banking website or tap Transfers within the MHV Mobile Banking App.
- To transfer funds into another MHV member's account, please contact us at 845.336.4444 to make the account available in your “Transfer To” drop-down menu. You can also visit any Branch Location to complete the transfer.
- To transfer funds to or from one of your outside bank accounts (A2A), select Move Money, then With my Outside Accounts. The first time you will be asked to read and accept the Terms of Service. Follow the steps to complete your registration. You can then add new accounts and transfer funds by following the prompts on the screen. You will need the routing # and account # of any outside account(s) you wish to add.
- To transfer funds to another person within the United States who does not have an MHV account you may use Zelle®. In the full Online Banking website click Move Money > Send Money with Zelle®. In the MHV Mobile App, tap More than tap Send Money with Zelle®.
To rename your account descriptions (aka nicknames):
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Click on My Settings.
- Scroll down to Rename and Hide Your Accounts.
- Enter a Nickname and click below the box to save