How to apply for a college scholarship
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program, offered in partnership with the New York Credit Union Association. Please review the following instructions carefully before completing your application. When you complete this application you'll be entered into NYCUA's scholarship program along with MHV's $1,000 scholarship opportunity.
Note: Applicants MUST be:
• a member of MHV;
• college-bound high school seniors at the time of application; and
• attending either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution for the first time in the fall of 2023
Please review the following instructions carefully before completing your application.
1. Complete and save the scholarship application form. Please use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions. Other than where specified on the application form, no attachments, resumes, pictures or other materials of any kind should be submitted or used to answer the questions.
2. You and your parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the back page of the application form.
3. You must obtain a credit union verification code from your credit union in order to verify eligibility. To obtain your verification code please visit your local branch or send an email to [email protected] with Scholarship Verification Code in the subject line. Please include your full name and address.
4. Submit your application by January 7, 2023, along with:
• a high school transcript documenting your GPA for grades 9-11; and
• an essay response.
If any portion is incomplete or not included, the application will not be considered.
Please save and upload the documents as three separate files (pdf, Word, jpg only; Google Docs will not be accepted):
1. Scholarship Application
2. High School Transcript
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Winner notifications will be sent in May 2023.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!